Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sewing the Blues!

 Today I made the 11th block for Ooh Rah!  One more block to go for this Quilt of Valor before it finds its way to Alycia in Colorado to be donated to a soldier.
 I packed up the Featherweight and finally got Martha back out.  She had to go in awhile back and I just never put her back on the table.  The Featherweight is great for travel and this one is not, but both sew GREAT!  I had to look up how to thread her again because I had already forgotten.  I also took Paula's advice and got the Q-Tools Reusable Vinyl Stop to put on the machine for that perfect quarter inch.  I use Bonnie's tool to measure it out and then put the vinyl on.  I took this picture with the old credit card on there though.
 I think this is the last block I need to do for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I am not positive, but I think I have kept up all along.  As you can see I had to do some unpicking!
 Here is Double X done correctly!
 And the light blue blocks so far with an extra orange thrown in.  I need to count and/or lay out these blocks but I am holding off for more space to do that!  Linking up with the Scraphappy Angela!

7 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

Way to go Andee! Thanks for donating such a beautiful quilt to QOV!

Nell's Quilts said...

Your quilt project looks so lovely. I'm sure some soldier will really appreciate the thought and effort to make it.

Scrappy quilter said...

Lovely. Your sewing machine is great.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Beautiful quilt and such a great cause.

SandyPA said...

I love, love, love your Ooh Rah blocks. All I have are the PDF printouts. Ha. Will have to give it a try as soon as I finish up a few more UFOs. Can't wait to see yours finish up.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohh Rah is coming along Oh sew nicely! Sorry about the change in your other block design lol

Cathy said...

Yummy QOV!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...