Saturday, November 15, 2014

Catching up on the Busy Work

Kathy and I spent some time tonight making backings, piecing batting and making and attaching bindings.  All the busy work that piles up and never gets done until I just dig in and try to get it moving!  I still need to make a backing for Lozenges and have one more small quilt to get batting and backing on.  So the Packer pair have binding on and will get wrapped up for Christmas in plenty of time!

This one is now ready to be tied (old pic though).

Still have lots of little quilts to get quilted--all but one now have backing and batting and are ready to go:  
Speck

Bread and Butter

Hat Trick

Nines Surrounded
Piney Flats
Tomorrow nothing on the agenda but sewing!!!!  I am hoping I am in the mood to quilt and bind one or two of these little ones so I can get some finishes in!  :)

6 comments:

Mam said...

Love the Speck and the Bread & Butter quilts. Well done, you should be proud of your finishes.

Kathy S. said...

Love how you did the border on your Packer quilt. You'll be all ready to go when mystery time comes. The countdown continues. Keep up the great progress!

Oh, and you inspired me to get "real" walking shoes.

scraphappy said...

So many quilts! A full sewing day should help move some of them on to finished!

Angie said...

Great finishes! The Packer quilts came out great!

Scrappy quilter said...

Lovely quilts. Yesterday was my quilting day and after a meeting this morning I plan on more quilting.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Piney Flats is a lovely design, great that you are getting some finishes. I too am working hard on getting quilts quilted and binding on. Love it when one more is finished.

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....