Saturday, November 22, 2014

Looking for a New Year's Eve Day Mystery!

Every year since 2006, Kathy and I have sewn along with one of our Yahoo groups all day long and made a mystery quilt.  It is one of our favorite traditions and we take the day off work to do it.  This year I just discovered that the usual gal that does the group does not have time to do it this year.  Most of these quilts were designed by Ann B. Smith, one by Wohlgemuth and one by Carol Lange.  The baton has been passed over the years...I have decided the tradition will continue even if we have to make a mystery that we already know what it looks like!  I have all the patterns above as well as others that I never made (either from my online group or from shop hop, etc.) and so if we must, we will do one of those.
Meanwhile I asked on the Quiltville Open Studio group if folks knew of other mysteries that were happening that day...there are a few on New Year's Day, but we both work that day and are off on New Year's Eve Day!  I can find a few that are retreats, but we stay home and do this.

New Year's DAY Mysteries:
Merry Mayhem (Patchwork Planet, no info for this year yet)
Janet Wickell  (about.com)
Quiltbug (no info for this year yet)
Cindy Roth's Blog

New Year's DAY or EVE mystery info:
Quiltmaker (no info yet)
Carterquilter (no info yet)

So even with all these suggestions, I have not found one with any information online for NYEve.  If you know of any, please share with me!

2 comments:

Kathy S. said...

You could select a random spring mystery quilt and do it. I don't know about you, but I tend to sometimes peek at the end. Sometimes I don't. Here are some simple spring mystery examples:

https://carterquilter.wordpress.com/tag/mystery-quilt-pattern/

Suslee said...

The first quilt in the second row is, I believe, the 2009 NYE. I lost my pattern somehow when transferring my files from my old computer to my laptop. I'd love to have it again. I want to make another with embroidered motifs in the blocks.

Susan B in TN

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....