Friday, April 22, 2022

Grassy Creek Take Two!

Here is the kit Barb sent me and the other two patterns I already had...I am likely nuts but I am thinking I want to make about eight birthday/party table runners for Christmas gifts.  I may still wind up combining these patterns into what I have in mind, but I like a pattern so may just pick one!
Barb sent me all the parts for her Grassy Creek quilt since she decided she did not want to finish it.  She had one block made and the colors are turned around.  This turned out to be a happy accident...
The above is the correct color placement (she also oopsed on the dark blue in the center which was supposed to be lime green) but after some studying I decided I liked it better flipped around so that is what I did.
I sewed up all the centers...
Then sewed them into the blocks...though not all are pictured here.


 Now I am working on the light blue string parts.  I am a little more than half way done with that.  I cleaned out all my strings and have had to raid my blue strips too since I used this same color for mine and they are quite depleted!
I am liking the bright and happy spring colors...now if spring would arrive.  Raining out today but the sun was shining yesterday.  Good things are coming!

2 comments:

Vireya said...

Barb's Grassy Creek looks terrific! Very happy colour combination.

scraphappy said...

What a fun block arrangement. The colors are all so happy!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...