Sunday, March 13, 2022

Not Quite Spring Here but some Sunshine Yellow Sewing Going On!

Kathy's cat Singer used to stay out of my quilting studio since she does not care for my kitty Stash....but since we moved they are both ranging the whole house for the most part instead of keeping to their specific areas (that they imposed).  So she is loving laying in my scraps.
I am trying to do a Christmas Through the Year project each month, but did nothing in February so I made five pillowcases (they are folded) though four of them are going for birthday gifts--I am counting it.
I love the way I organized the log cabin blocks so that I can just go to the next piece without thinking too hard.  I still managed to get a few sewn on incorrectly this time.  My brain fog really makes everything seem more difficult.  I just need to remember that each new piece goes over two seams and they it all works out.
These above are Log Cabin Love from Quiltmaker--Bonnie Hunter's addicted to scraps article, and these below from the same but are called Butterfly Bush.  They will go into two doll quilts.  One for my adopted Granddaughter Lily and one to keep at my house.  I decided to give the second H is for Happy doll quilt (which I had wanted to keep at my house) to my best friend's granddaughter Harper who just became a big sister to Briggs.  He will be getting a Chunky Churn Dash baby quilt.
This month's UFO pull was number 3 which is my Packer Bliss.  I had all the parts sewn (but still need to cut sashing and cornerstones) to make a quilt in green but decided I should make all the parts in yellow and make two Packer Bliss quilts (pattern is Bonnie Hunter's Winter Bliss).  So goal is to get one done for the UFO and then down the line get the other one done.  Finally made a dent in the yellow scraps!

 My disability hearing is on Monday.  It has been close to two years since I applied and more than two years before that since I got sick.  Five years ago this month I hiked the Grand Canyon and was in such good health.  A year later reactivated Epstein Barr Virus which led to all of this.  My fatigue is barely livable.  People have this worse than me, but I am not sure how they go on.  It is the biggest challenge of my challenging life.  So hoping I get disability since I am really unable to work.  I can sew for a few hours at a time again and I can read a lot because I am laying down and/or listening at the same time I read or only listening.  I just finished OT and am still in PT where they are trying to get me stronger, but it is slow going because more activity means more sleep and more pain (lactic acid in legs from two minutes on my sitting elliptical type thing).  It is crazy!

Currently reading "War and Peace" and "Jefferson's Sons."

4 comments:

Vireya said...

Good luck with your hearing! I remember your posts from when you were so healthy and hiking all over the place. It is shocking to read about what has happened since.

sue s said...

i don't think I've written on your blog before, but have come across it on others'. I'm so glad for your hint on the Log cabin blocks- I too have brain fog (I have fibromyalgia) and am currently making one of these quilts. I have to look at the picture with every block, but this will really help!

Moneik said...

Beautiful yellow blocks. I'm starting Hope and Phoenix, the 2 GE Designs quilts in yellow and blue. I just finished a Trip Around the World in the same colorway. My MIL is on disability and she can barely move. I sure hope that you're able to get on it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on those YELLOW/GOLD blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Andee!! At least you have brain fog to blame for getting a few of the Log Cabin pieces sewn incorrectly. I frequently do that, but have no excuse!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...