Saturday, March 5, 2022

Much Sewing and Reading but Behind on the Blogging!

Kathy brought me some pretty flowers.  I got the blocks cut for Ruby Jubilee part two.
I spent much of February working on Wild and Goosey blocks so I could add another row to my top.  I love this add a quarter ruler for trimming up after each piece.

I added the row and deemed the top finished--finally.  I think I started this in 2013.  Each block takes an hour or so and it is 9x8 so many blocks, hours, scraps!  This was my American Patchwork and Quilting UFO for February.

I made a few more little trees while I had my scraps out.
I got my yellow Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks cut.  
I am loving my Stripology Squared ruler for cutting these.  The little star markings help to cut my one and a half inch strips so square!



I started my March of the Mammoths read for this month--"War and Peace" and am enjoying it.  Many characters and confusing names, but the plan is to read 44 pages a day to complete it by the end of the month.  I am on track so far!


 These are all of the books I read in February 2022.  I think I have a new record.  I did listen or listen/read to many of them.  This is the upside of so much time in bed or in the recliner.  

I am also working on my March American Patchwork and Quilting UFO which is Packer Bliss.  I had already made enough parts in green for a complete top last year when I decided I should do all the parts in yellow and make two Packer color quilts instead of a green one.  Always lots of people to gift them to.  I am about 70 blocks in on the yellow sixteen patches already so this may actually happen this month--or at least one of them.  I am one ahead on my UFO list, so if I do not finish the second one I will slot in when the finished one is pulled.  

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations, Andee!!! I've been waiting for you to finish this quilt top. It's SEW totally scrapalicious!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wild and Goosey is foundation pieced I take it. How beautiful it is! I love it. and I love your trees too. I am also making trees now and again. WOnderful projects. And all the reading you are doing too. I could never finish War and Peace. Thanks for sharing your book list; I have several that I want to read too. Happy Stitching and Reading to you, Andee.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...