Sunday, November 8, 2020

All Good Things November!

Hazel is as happy as we are for a female Vice President!  Herstory in the making!  There were some tears at my house.  I hope our country starts coming together again soon.  
Still reading the Once Upon a Book Club boxes.  Some of them I resell when I am done with them.  They are a bit pricey but I really enjoy them so I am going to keep it up for now.  The Halloween Spooky box above was really good and I will find and read more y that author.  The Halloween Sweet box was too corny for me though it did keep me entertained!  Kathy surprised me with coffee and a pumpkin scone from down the street too!

I finished up the mystery I was doing with BJ.  I LOVE how it came out.  Bug and Sunshine were happy to model on it for me.  
The completed stockings!  I made way too many but all will have a good home soon!
The churn dash is for Hazel.  The hand sewn hexies (was supposed to be a doll blanket) finally got a home in Jay's stocking!
I added two more rows to this Easy Breezy and Friendship Star quilt top today but no new picture.  Sunshine likes it!

This is the Morewood Mystery's next clue.  Did the yellow flower like blocks and made the purple HST's this month.  Now that will sit til after Bonnie's next mystery I am sure.
Hannah and I took Hazel to the orchard (or at least to the store there) and we bought apples for eating and for baking.  I tried my hand at making apple pie for the first and last time.  It did not quite turn out right though it was good and edible it just was not quite right!
Hazel is a happy girl and I am trying to get as much time with her as I can.  I have waited way too long for her!

 Looking forward to making Grassy Creek  Quiltville Mystery as always.  I have been creating a Pinterest board with color options but am still undecided.  Are you getting in on that fun?  Info on the blog and it guarantees to be a fun time!

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of fun stuff going on at your house, Andee!! Where is the "lid" to your apple pie? I usually add a top crust or at the very least a lattice of cut pie crust.

Angie said...

Your mystery quilt is a neat variation on a chain quilt - great finish!

Moneik said...

I pulled fabrics for Grassy Creek. I'm going with dark and medium pink for the red/orange and purple for the gray. We'll see how it turns out.

scraphappy said...

Hazel looks super happy about the election results. What a little cutie! The mystery quilt turned out nicely. Looks like you have kept pretty busy lately.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...