Friday, October 25, 2019

Another Burst of Sewing!

 One of my longer term UFO's is Tula Pink's City Sampler.  I have made progress on it this year and who knows it may get done next year.  Here are many of the blocks I did recently.  I also cut several more out and they are ready to go so that helps the progress alot!











 Kathy and I are both doing the 35th Ave. BOM again this year.  They got started a few months late so this will not finish until next year, but here is what one looks like so far.  We think we will border them in different colors and gift them to my nephew Ben and my almost nephew Christian.  Ben has several baby quilt and a Packer quilt I made him, but Christian joined out family later and never got one. They share a room at my brother's house (go back and forth to their mom/dad respectively) so I am hoping they are young teen boy enough with the grunge fabric.
 Kathy needed a baby quilt for her friend Krystal so we each made a Simple Gifts quilt last weekend.  Here is mine. 

My Serpentine Spider Web quilt is finally a flimsy.  Kathy and I started this at Bonnie's workshop in February last year at 35th Ave.  Each block takes about an hour to make and string quilts require strings ALL OVER THE PLACE!  I am so happy it is over!  I do love how it turned out and it has been on my list to make since I got the quilting bug and made a small one with a different pattern.
 This is Betsy Schnibbles.  I needed something quick to sew on a day over at Barb's house so I grabbed a few long on the shelf charm packs and made this one.  I rather miss making these!

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Welcome back! SEW happy to see that you are back soon after you 10-month catch up. Congrats on a quick quilt top finish!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...