Sunday, November 25, 2018

The Sixth Annual Quiltville Mystery Kickoff Party: Good Fortune Edition!

We had 20 people at our 6th Annual Quiltville Mystery Kickoff party in Chandler, Arizona this year.  Barb had to work so only stopped in for a bit, but everyone else sewed all day!  If you want to attend next year and will be in the area, let me know.  We invite people until the seats are filled! 

Left to right starting at the top:  Marguerite, Laura, Marlene, Sueann, Ros, Becky, Kathy, Celeste.
bottom:  Phyliss, Cindy, Cynthia, Fran, BJ, Charlotte,Jill, Tina, Laurie and Kathy.  I am taking the selfie.

Only one gal that I know had gifted her On Ringo Lake before our picture so in total twelve of us got the quilt done this year.   My favorite part of this get together is seeing all  of Bonnie Hunter's magnificent designs in different colors up close.  Each one is its own masterpiece!  If  somehow you missed out on getting this pattern for free last year here is where you can buy it instantly.
Completed quilt tops are modeled by:   Marguerite, Laura, Becky, Celeste, Andee (me) and Ros and in the bottom row:  Cynthia, Fran, Tina, Kathy and Phyliss
Annual Duck Lips Photo!


 Marguerite and Laura are a mother and daughter who really enjoy sewing together.  Every year they come to the party and get their quilts done for the photo.  Love their quilts!
Here are Kathy and I with our quilts. Mine is of course Packer colors (third mystery quilt I have done in Packer colors--I even have a facebook page devoted to Packer quilts!).  I helped Kathy a lot this year on her quilt because this one will be gifted to my brother and his wife at their upcoming wedding.  She picked the colors for it and loves it--and the matching pillow made with the leftover block.
We gifted all who wanted one a quilt label and the last dozen or so people at the party got an embroidered sewing machine that Barb made for me.  Everyone always asks how to make these. Super simple, save Bonnie's picture to your computer.  Open up Word (or something similar) and insert the picture.  (I cropped it first to take off the duplicate information that was on the bottom of Bonnie's picture).  I then type in and center whatever I want on the label. When I see Bonnie I have her sign mine if she can.  I print them on my regular printer (buy fabric sheets to print on) and then cut them apart.

Marguerite gifted me the cutest mini hedgehog and cool clips.  So sweet of her!  BJ brought me a Packer coffee cup.  I am blessed!



Kathy and I are not quite half way through clue one, but plan to spend our afternoon sewing so we will be ready for the next one!
Fabric Pull from little pieces. Will start with strips and go to yardage if we need to.  Working only with stash!

These are the colors Kathy and I will do for our quilts this year.  They will be for both of my engaged children's wedding gift.  Both girls love purple so using the same colors in different places and using navy blue for the neutrals in one.  Should be an interesting pair when they are done.  Here is part of my clue one done!

Clue done with a few to spare!


Thank you Bonnie for this gift, I have made every mystery (some more than once) and look forward to it every year.  I even have a tab on my blog devoted to the mystery quilts and another one with a Quiltville Parade of quilts!  Linking up with Quiltville for clue one's Monday Link Up soon!  Looking forward to clue two of Good Fortune!

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

So much fun! Love your color choices. Looks like a great group of quilters.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh how fun! Love seeing all the finished quilts being brought to the next party!
Wonderful to have a mother/daughter sewing team!
Let the mystery fun begin!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing how the wedding (mystery) quilts turn out. Happy quilting!!

Deb A said...

I always look forward to reading about this each year. Such a fun time.

Vireya said...

Your kick-off party always sounds like THE fun place to be at this time of year. So glad to see the tradition continuing this year!

Alison V. said...

I love that you do this every year -- how fun! Your purple patches are lovely and I can't wait to see more!

dorothy said...

I too am a purple girl! So love the choices you have made for the wedding quilts.

Dorothy Schreyer

Feathers in my Nest said...

So fun! So many pretties!

Sue said...

I so enjoyed reading your blog Angela ( sorry I think thats your name)
I love all Bonnies Mystery quilts that you have made, and wish I could join you all with your get togethers. A bit far to come from New Zealand. I think I'll get on and start this new mystery, although I dont need another WIP!

Sue said...

Oops! I see your name is Andee. Sorry! :-)

Nancy in NV-wheres the dude at blogspot said...

Way to go ladies!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...