Monday, June 12, 2017

Weekend Sewing

 At my last Nimble Thimbles meeting I picked up a charity quilt kit with cute robots...I did not like anything else in the kit to go with the robots so I used my own fabrics to make the robots complete.

Then the leftovers had people..some talking on the phone, so I pulled my phone fabric and some others that would match and made another charity quilt.  I will return the not so cute squares for them to add to another kit.  While I was at it, I was then motivated to cut two more for my future baby quilts. One out of robots and one out of cowboy fabric.
 Meanwhile, I sent a suitcase back to Wisconsin with six quilt gifts in it.Brayden appears to have liked his Packer quilt and promptly ran around like it was a cape!

Barb gave me some bunnies on thimble shapes that she had leftover from a huge project she was doing.  I decided to make two tableunners for Easter to give as Christmas gifts to my mom and sister this year.  
 Kathy was sewing too and is finally working on the sashing (she is now up to borders) on her QOV from 35th Ave. last year.  We were watching Orange is the New Black and so after I cut our 35th Ave BOM for June for this year,

I decided to cut out and start sewing another Packer quilt from Amy's pattern.  I can never have too many Packer quilts.

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Never enough Packer quilts... LOL!! It surely mucst have done your heart good to see Brayden with his quilt. TOO cute!!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...