Sunday, December 18, 2016

En Provence--Clue Four is Done!

I love the colors I am using for En Provence...I can hardly wait to sew with the reds and yellows!  The only color I kept the same and in the same place as Bonnie's is the yellow.  

 Here are my clue four pieces.  I am super happy that these units are coming out so much better than they did in clue two for me.  If you remember I learned how to use the notch on the tri recs ruler for that clue (I have made at least two other quilts with that ruler and did not even notice the notch!) but this time around I felt like I was making more accurate units!  Super happy with that.  I also find that I am just enjoying sewing and not rushing as I often do.  I have at least 30 different neutrals in this quilt and I love the variety it will have.  I cut Kathy's neutrals too as she is still working on clue three (sewing as I type!).
 I just could not resist digging out the other parts so I could sew them all together too.  The reds and yellows are going to make all this pop!  I tucked them all away in the bin to come out to play later on.  I have a feeling we have more than two more clues to go...seems like it cannot all come to an end so fast this year but Bonnie always surprises me!
Did you catch Quilt Came tonight?  Bonnie held up my Garden Party and showed it off for me!

Linking up with Quiltville Monday Link Up!  A friend of mine made this cute little ornament and posted it on facebook.  I like it so much I might have to make them next year!  Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza or Happy Holidays for whatever it is you celebrate with your loved ones!

12 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

CUTE ornament!! Can't wait to see your Garden Party completed. FUN that Bonnie held up a picture of your quilt on Quilt Cam!!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love your colors!!! Such a cute layout of finished clues. That ornament is so adorbs!!!

Marly said...

I love your colours too! You've made a good choice.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a lot of blocks in progress there!
Can't wait to sew more blocks with the remaining colours!

Deb said...

Looking forward to seeing the finish! Using garden Party as a L/E and 7 rows are done! Love it and green is perfect for the back.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Look at all those pretties!!!

gayle said...

I can't wait to see how your colors come out! Pretty pretty pretty!

Jan said...

cute Christmas trees! your colours are lovely

Jeanette said...

We do need more colours in this quilt, yours are looking lovely.

Karen said...

What a cute ornament! Have fun with the mystery.

Bente Antonsen said...

Your christmas tree is cute. Your quilt will be great.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Your color pallet is great Andee! It is hard to believe we will be on clue 5 this week! WOW! Your leafy binding is perfect! I wish I could have watched quilt cam, but, was busy. I will catch it later. That tree ornament is so cute! Merry Christmas to you!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...