Sunday, June 7, 2015

Getting Back to Neglected Projects!

 I finally made another Wild and Goosey block...I had been going strong with one per week and then after the first week of March I fell off the wagon.  So three months and about twelve blocks behind I am back on it!  I love these blocks.  One little square in this one has a light blue goose (bottom right center goose) made from a tiny scrap I found of my Grandma Nan's leftover fabric.  I then used the brown maple leaf print I bought after my dad's funeral for the center square.  This block makes me smile and remember both of them.

 Another neglected project is my Talkin' Turkey.  Have't touched this since January of last year!  I have eleven blocks done and need about 24.  (the red and blue one is a smaller verison sent off for the astronomical block challenge).  I happened to catch Kevin's post with a Christmas colored version of Talkin' Turkey and he encouraged me to get back to mine.  So I spent an hour or so reorganizing my strings that at one time had been sorted by color..then over time got all mixed up.  This time I put them in bags in the drawers instead of just four colors to a drawer.  Hoping this will make it easier.  I then made the flying geese for six more blocks.  So seven more colors to go.
 Barely made a dent in my strings which is fine because I am dying to make the string geese quilt Bonnie posted awhile back.  Geese on a String just looks like a cool quilt and when these string geese are done I shall get to that one!
It has been a busy and productive weekend and I am already in pj's and thinking I may actually fall asleep early tonight.  Hope your weekend was as fun filled as mine!

7 comments:

Deb A said...

Sounds like you are having fun playing with some oldies but goodies! One day.... I'll try strings. So happy the wild and goosey and talking turkey have come back out to play.

Scrappy quilter said...

All looking great. Nice to see you getting back in the groove.

Amy said...

Gettin' caught up!!!!
I have a scrappy Talkin' Turkey percolating on the design wall from my Christmas vacation time; it's certain to be a WIP this summer (and hopefully avoid the UFO pile)...

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm SEW glad that you are getting back to your Wild and Goosey. I absolutely LOVE that one!!

Vireya said...

You've reminded me that I packed my Wild & Goosey blocks away for some reason a while back. I should dig them out again and make some more, too.

scraphappy said...

Strings are so much fun! What a mess they can make though. I have started safety pinning mine together by color and hanging them on binder rings, they seem to tangle less at least.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Life intercedes sometimes....there is nothing you can do about it, but, pick up the scraps and move on! Glad you are feeling so much better!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...