Sunday, May 3, 2015

One Finish, One Start and a Few See Progress!

 I woke up this morning and knew I needed to get at least this Eye Spy done...so I started cutting and piecing the batting and backing and eventually got it done!  This one is for my cousin Jamie's second child just born a few days ago--Benjamin.  I love sending an Eye Spy quilt and book to the little ones!  

 When my ex sister in law Tiffany saw it she messaged me and said she would love an eye spy quilt for Colton at her house.  I didn't give him one because I knew they still had Ben's in pristine condition.  However, my brother kept all the quilts so Colton doesn't have one at his mom's house.  So I finally decided to start sewing the hexies I have been cutting and sewing for years!  This is as far as I got today but no doubt this one will be done and snuggle the little guy soon!
Here are some pictures of the other quilts that got batting, backing, etc.  I didn't quilt any of them but they are one step closer!



Apparently my camera lens was dirty since some of these are blurry but you get the idea.  Other than that, we cleaned house some more.  The family all comes over here for Mother's Day and since we didn't do our usual deep clean this spring (since Monica didn't get to visit and I had surgery) we are doing it now.  More to do next Saturday but happy the drapes and windows and the like are done!
This week I am working freelance early in the morning three days (followed by my other two jobs) and have a doctor's appointment, weight watchers and Pilates the other days.  I better get some sleep--it is going to be a LOOOOONG week!

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE the I Spy quilt!! Everything else is coming along nicely. Happy quilting!

Julierose said...

Really cute Eye Spy quilt and I like the hexagon one in progress too. good luck this week..hugs, Julierose

Deb A said...

Such great progress you are making. You will have a lot of finishes in May.

Deb A said...

Such great progress you are making. You will have a lot of finishes in May.

Scrappy quilter said...

I've always loved the eye-spy quilt. Yours is no exception, love it. You were able to get lots done. Great job!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...