Saturday, September 6, 2014

Choose Your Own Blockalong!

I came across a blog that led me to two more blogs and a new project!  MichelleRene', and Cindy came up with the idea for the "Choose Your Own Blockalong" and it just so happens two of the three of them are planning to do the Tula Pink City Sampler which I have on my someday, oneday list and often drool over the book, so you can see I just had to go ahead and jump on their train!  So I am trying to do about two blocks a week and tonight I got last week and next week's blocks done!





 One thing I noticed while doing these four blocks--I need more fun, hip fabric and another thing is wow some of these pieces are TINY!  However it was fun to to get started on these and I look forward to seeing how it will all come out!  So if you want to join us on this project, Dear Jane, Farmer's Wife or some other set of blocks, play along.  It will be fun to keep each other going--it worked for Hawaii Sunset, so I think it will work for this too!



Tomorrow we have the 35th Ave. BOM and then I plan to spend my day sewing (and working out!).  I didn't lose or gain any weight this week so am still at 56.8 pounds down I think it is.

My friend Ros is having a little giveaway on her blog if you want a cute chicken pincushion head on over to Ros the Quilter's blog and leave her a comment!

5 comments:

Gina said...

Confession. I'm nearly half way through this book and have come to a halt. Hopefully after I've broken the back of my swaps I can pick it back up again xx

Deb A said...

What a cute sew along.Love your bright blocks.

Amy said...

As I sit here, rocking in my glider, I simply smile. Super fun to watch all the projects that you work through. Always lots of fun happening in your world :)

scraphappy said...

I have the Tula Pink book too and it is on the someday list for when I finish a few things up. Love your fabric choices -- too cute!

Scrappy quilter said...

Cute blocks. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...