Saturday, January 3, 2009

Double Delight in Progress!

Randy was up early this morning (while I was snoozing) and took this picture of some hot air balloons up over our neighborhood! Gotta love January in AZ!
I had to talk myself into even starting the Double Delight mystery because clue four came out before I had even started. I decided to put together the pieces for one block and then decide if I was going to go for it....I am though I am nearly insane from the thought of it! Kathy came in after work and helped me cut, cut, cut! So everything is cut through clue four...which is the part I usually don't like a ton so I am a happy gal!

I sewed up a few of the nine patch blocks but was having trouble getting them the right size do to using this other machine and the seam allowance, etc. So set that aside and worked hard on clue number one (which is after all the beginning!) and got this stack done, though none are trimmed yet. No idea how many are done, but as you can see from the previous picture I have plenty more to go.

Here is one complete set on the wall--not sewn together yet so you can get the idea of what it is supposed to look like. Tomorrow I plan to sew, sew, sew as much of the day as I can. I am sure another clue will be popping up and I don't even want to look!
Off to bed and to read my Sarah's Quilt book!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I hope you find it easier once you get into it. Always hard when the inclination isn't there

dot said...

Your DD is looking good. I am still working on mine. I am on step two and can't wait to see how it looks. I really like seeing others blocks.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...