Sunday, May 18, 2008

Starry Eyed Block Eleven

I spent a little time tonight sewing this block together for the NewQuiltingClub group's Starry Eyed Block Deal. It is just like Bonnie's Spinning Star block (of which I have made 30 now) except that the middle square is not a four patch. It is even the exact same size! I had no problem with those blocks, but this one I turned around a star point and had to rip, then I ripped the wrong row and had to rip again. I was laughing at myself for mindlessly sewing and listening to the TV because I needed to pay more attention to the sewing and ripping! I think this one is very nice in the reproduction fabric that I bought to do some stars in. I have never used this type of fabric before but have admired it from afar...reminds me of a kitchen apron or something. Here is the link in case you like it http://members.tripod.com/~fvqg/05archiv/405.htm
Also had a visit from my best Deaf friend Rachel and her fiance Bryan today. They were here a few hours and it was nice to catch up with the since they live an about two hours away and I never seem to see them anymore. They promise to visit us in Arizona though! She is pregnant so I will be making another baby quilt for her before December.
I also did some packing and cleaning...not too long before we are gone, baby gone!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hello - this is nothing to do with this post, but I just read your comment on someone else's blog (sorry can't remember whose) about you having turned a quilt you made into a duvet cover. I'm intrigued. Did you post about it at the time? If so could you let me have the date so I could have a look.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...