Friday, April 25, 2008

Starry Eyed Block Eight

I just finished my starry-eyed block week 8--Eight Pointed Floating Star in the larger size for the NewQuiltingClub...I have been trying to get to this for days..finally did and WOW this one was almost as hard as the paper pieced star for me. I seriously almost gave up..I kept turning the points the wrong way and ripped several times...at first I didn't realize that I was putting two right star points on instead of a left and right...finally I decided to just get it together even if not as good as I wanted it...meaning using the pieces I had even after I had trimmed them wrong, etc...so it is one of those that you need to look at from 100 feet on a galloping horse to appreciate! I don't have a horse so the picture is too close, lol. I think I will need to try this one again now that I get how it goes and I can be more precise...I have a small one cut out so when I am feeling ambitious I will try it! If you are interested the free pattern is here. http://delawarequilts.com/BOMs/FloatingStar/index.html
Have our 29th showing (I think it is) in a half hour, so I need to go do the last of the cleaning and get the dogs loaded into the car for yet another Friday evening of fun...cross your fingers someone wants this house soon! SMILE.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You have had fun working this one out. I think I'll stick to Bonnie's Maverick stars, far less worry if it goes wrong!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...