Friday, October 5, 2018

Ros has been Busy/!

Ros has been busy quilting for me.  I cannot wait to pick up these two beauties!  First up we have the Love Shack wall hanging that I finally made after admiring some of my quilty friends' several years ago. I really wanted to quilt it myself, but I just do not do a great enough job and I want this hanging on my wall for years to come so off to Ros it went. 
Then On Ringo Lake finally got done and quilted.  This last mystery quilt of Bonnie Hunter's took me the longest to complete!  I just do not have time for sewing now that I am teaching high school full time.  There is always so much to do (especially these first few years--I imagine it might slow down when I have less to create!)  I teach three or four different classes and one does not even have a teacher's book.  All of them need me to create the worksheets, quizzes and tests. Nothing is handed to me. I like doing all that stuff, but I miss sewing, quilting, reading, etc!

 
 The label hasn't been signed by Bonnie yet, but hopefully when I see her in January I can get it signed.  Kathy and I (and other quilty friends) have signed up for a class at 35th Ave. with her.  We are taking the Spider Web class.  I have always wanted to make this one and in fact the quilt that got me hooked on quilting was along that line and while surfing the net I found Bonnie's pattern and Bonnie!  That was fifteen years ago so funny I am finally going to get to it. I usually change up the colors but think Kathy and I are going to tag team on a red one!

 Look at that awesome texture!  I have not decided if I am going to put this in my Packer guest room (and maybe give away the one that is in there) or eventually give this one away.  I am looking forward to the pictures at out next Kickoff party!
It turned out great!  It is bigger than Celtic Solstice...now to decide which one I can part with!
2017 On Ringo Lake/On Green Bay
 
2013 Celtic Solstice/Packer Solstice
 
In other news, my health sucks these past six months. Shots a few times a week now and lots of vitamins. I have reactivated Epstein Barr virus (likely caused from B12 deficiency though not sure what caused that).  Lots of tests ruling out other stuff.  Lumbar puncture next week.  Not looking forward to it, but happy to rule out other stuff.  

2 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Personally, I think Packer Solstice is a keeper, even if Packer Lake is bigger and more snuggly!! Sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly. From the friend of one who has it, Epstein Barr is NO FUN!!

Vireya said...

Hooray for getting Ringo Lake done before another mystery starts. Will you do the next one? Maybe a small version this year?

I know just how much time high-school teaching takes. The workload is unbelievable to people who haven't done it. I can't say if it gets easier over time, as I just didn't last at it long enough to find out.

Sorry to hear you have been so unwell. I hope your health improves soon.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...