Saturday, February 7, 2015

Some Modern Stuff

 Nimble Thimbles passed out some kits of neutral and Tula Pink dots along with directions for her Towers pattern.  I grabbed a leftover pinwheel in matching colors and a few solids and a chevron to complete the block.  A little out of my comfort zone because there isn't exactly a pattern but is a little bit improv.  Glad it is done and it is okay.  The "tan" is really a pretty green...didn't photograph so well.
 I also finally got back to the Classic Meets Modern Quiltalong!  This is the December block which has a bajillion pieces so I was in no hurry to get to it.
 It took awhile and there was a bit of unsewing and it isn't perfect, but it is done!  YAY!
 Here are all twelve blocks...I put them away for now but eventually I will get to the sashing and turn it into a flimsy.  This really was a lot of fun to make all year and it stretched me a bit as a peicer--and I discoverd I love the bear paw block--and the leaf!  I still want to make a whole bunch of little leaves!  Linking up to Sew at Home Mummy!  Thank you so much Erin for hosting such a fun quiltalong.  I will be on the lookout for future fun stuff on your blog!


No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...