Thursday, August 22, 2013

Swoon Top is a Flimsy!!!

 We are heading up North to celebrate my mom's (my sister's, Kathy's and my) August birthdays tomorrow after work so I was determined to get the last block for Swoon made and the top together.  I decided not to add more blocks because in order to do it, it will become too huge.  I think the plan is to add a five inch scrappy border of DS fabrics which will enlarge it nicely.  I have all the bonus HST's I could put in the border if I want to get crazy too, lol!
Not the best photo since it is inside the house at night, but tomorrow I will haul it outside and take some better pics.  I am grinning from ear to ear to have finally made this quilt.  And all thanks to Sarah and the Swoonalong 3013!

4 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS! Great and QUICK work!

Grit said...

Looks so, so wonderful.

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful Swoon flimsy! Lovely work!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Moneik said...

It looks amazing! Great job on finishing it.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...