Sunday, October 28, 2012

Still Sewing :)


 I decided that since I already had a few extra blocks made and my cheddar quilt isn't quite as big as I envisioned that I would keep on making little bow ties til I got another row made.  Here is last night's block.  I need about three more to make a row and hopefully I can call that top done.  BJ gave me one of the fabrics above--think it was the pink but not sure so it is fun to bits and pieces from other people's stash showing up in this quilt.
I am still working on my Sentimental Stitches October challenge doll quilt.  Here is the picture from the book which is the goal (Kathleen Tracy's book) and below my hand sewn hexies so far.  Today I made the brown one while watching the Packers play the Jaguars.  Seems to work well for me to set a goal of one hand sewn flower per game!  At least I am making progress on it this way.  By the end of the season there should be a little doll quilt made.
I have also been knitting dishcloths.  Right now working on a yellow and white one.  So easy...thinking about signing up for a sock knitting Craftsy class AND for Weeks Ringle's designing class.  I have no real desire to design, but love Weeks and want to see what I can learn from the class anyways!

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

That's a great goal....one flower per game!
You'll have a quilt before you know it!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...