Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Quilt that Started it all...



Stamped Cross Stitched quilt I made while pregnant with Mac (who is now 19).



Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville challenged us to link up with our first quilt so.. this isn't the first quilt, it is actually quilt number seven which is really the quilt that started it all! I had sewn a few Christmas tree skirts and three quilts before this (scanned pictures from journal) but then didn't sew anything quilty from 1990 or so until 2003 when I got an itch to make this quilt which I had seen in a magazine. I so enjoyed the process that I have constantly been quilting since. I started out with one quilt at a time and now there are always a half a dozen or so in various stages and I am constantly looking for the next fix--ah I mean quilt! This quilt (modeled here with Randy's daughter Rachel) was for Randy's first granddaughter.

1 comment:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Hi, I'm a new follower. :o) Just cruising around reading the first quilt stories. Love the tree skirt, and your quilt is a pretty one!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...