Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Table and Carolina Christmas, Step One Done!

We had Thanksgiving at my nephew Ben's other home (Suli and Diego's) and since Diego is a chef the food is always excellent. We had three different turkeys to choose from--smoked, baked and deep fried! I miss my Mogan David Grape Concord wine gravy though his was good. We will be making our own turkey so we have leftovers soon.Here are the colors I finally wound up with for Bonnie's new mystery--Carolina Christmas. You are just looking at the top of the box, but there are lots of different shades of the colors all cut into 2.5 inch strips and I have more fabric waiting for further instruction.

I started out with these little twosies which were fun to make after I figured out a decent quarter inch seam with my Singer. They are all ironed and pinned in stacks of ten!

June was almost done with that part before she ran out of zip. I kept on going because I am such a night person that I had hit my stride (and June cooked us some Chop Suey/Goulash for dinner which interrupted her work flow!). I used the EZ Angle and now FINALLY really have the hang of it and can appreciate the work it saves me. I should have tried using that for the Picnic Schnibble--it would have saved me tons of work. I then got more than enough of the triangles sewn together, ironed and counted.

Bonnie may post the next clue tomorrow. I am ready for it! If you are interested in the mystery go to Quiltville.com and look for Carolina Christmas, you will not be disappointed!

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

You did a great job on step 1!
I haven't even finished cutting the pieces yet!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...