Monday, September 7, 2009

Schnibbles Winter White Purchase and Simple Gifts Baby Quilt

This past weekend we drove up to Prescott to help my mom and (step)Dad move back into their house. On the way up we stopped at one of my favorite quilt shops which is near my sister's house in New River and I bought the Winter White Schnibbles pattern and the Glace fabric to make it. I didn't go exactly with what the pattern had as far as fabrics, but pretty close since I thought it was pretty. Can't wait to get started on this one!
I also picked out several fabrics to make a baby shower gift for my friend Janelle and her husband Joel's first baby. They know it is a girl and the shower is next weekend so this afternoon I started working on FunQuilts' "Simple Gifts" quilt designed by Weeks Ringle. The pattern is free online at her Craft Nectar blog. It went together in a snap!

You may have to do a close up to see the little ducks in some of this fabric...VERY CUTE! So I have a few days to get it tied and ready to go! I have some leftover fabric that will likely get put into another similar quilt for another baby girl. I like doing simple things in twos!
I also worked on a little something for my pay it forward gal. It feels so good to be back sewing a bit since I went back to work I haven't had much time or energy for sewing...I have however been reading lots of good books which is another passion of mine!

3 comments:

Mistyskye said...

Andee, Your quilt is beautiful....
I love the pattern. The colors for the baby quilts are fust as cute as a "duck".... Thanks for sharing
Hugs
Mistyskye

Jane said...

What a lovely little quilt

Sinta Renee said...

The baby quilt is sweet! Your Schnibbles quilt is going to be fun:)

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...