Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! We made egg brunch last night and threw it in the fridge for a hassle free breakfast this morning. Here is a picture and the recipe. This one is one my mother and I think her mother before me made for many a morning Holiday. The picture is the recipe doubled.

BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
1/2 cup Velveta cheese(8oz.)
1T. butter
1T. flour
salt and pepper
1 cup milk
Melt above into a sauce to pour over all but the bread. Beat 6 eggs, 1/2 cup Canadian bacon
1/8 cup onion(browned) Scramble in 1 and 1/2T. butter add 1/2 cup mushrooms and sauce. Put 1nad 1/2 slices bread on top, sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate overnight, take out 30 minutes before baking at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 6.


Coleman called to tell me Happy Mother's Day late last night...I guess he wanted to be the first to tell me, and he knows I am a night person so I was up. That prompted the other kids to give me their gifts, etc. so we celebrated at 1 AM. I got these gorgeous flower, the cards in the picture and Hannah got me a Wisconsin Coffee/Tea mug so I would never forget Wisconsin while in Arizona. I have been drinking my coffee out of it all morning of course. Hannah also found me two cool Italian charms to work on my replacement charms since my whole bracelet was stolen. One says "I love you" and the other says "Mom" so I tried to take a picture of all the charms I have so far... but you can't really see the charms no matter what I tried to do..so will be doing that one again later on!
Kathy is almost finished with her quilt top for the Double Stack...I can't get to my machine to work on Step 4 of the OC and I am going nuts! LOL. Randy came over so I think we are going to play cards for awhile and then later we have Burgendy Beef to eat (in the crock pot now but I was out of Burgendy wine so I used Lambrusco..lol we will see how that works...so I guess it is Lambrusco Beef lol) and tonight I should get time to sew. Tomorrow is a crazy busy day but Tuesday there will be time if nothing else....



No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...