Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thirsty Thursday and Getting Ready for the Quilt Show!

I decided to follow my doctor's orders tonight and have a glass of wine. Supposedly it helps increase my good cholesterol. I love Lambrusco so it works for me. Notice I am using my new coaster that Flicsha from my Stashbuilders group sent me for being a sewing bee winner.
I told her that I really like the coasters and she surprised me by sending me the pattern for them! Some people really just are so nice, a total stranger and she went out of her way for me twice. THANKS! Today I also went and finished paying for my bus/hotel/etc. to go to the International Quilt Festival in Chicago April 12 and 13th! It will be my first time (I am an international quilt show virgin, GRIN) and even though I don't know anyone going in my group I figure I will make some new friends and I ordered myself a quilting book to read on the trip if the quilters are not friendly (as if!). I am sharing a room with Rose, I don't know her yet but hope we get on okay...at least for one night! Here is an advertisement for the show..the quilt on top looks yummy! I am getting excited, have been saving some money so I can splurge and be guilt free! Some of my online friends (whom I have never met) are going too...so I hope to meet up with a few. I will be carrying my Pickle Posse bag and am trying to figure out how to make a NewQuiltingClub logo (looks complicated to me!) so that I will stand out in the crowd. If you are going to be there and want to meet up give me a hollar! Hope to see you there.

I frog stitched and resewed the third row from the end of the Summer Bargello so it is right as rain now. Here is a pic (are you tired of them yet?) so you can see them all together and fixed. I took them this morning and the sun was not coming out that early. I am still mulling over my border ideas. I got some advice from an online quilter name Deborah and she is going to help me figure out how to get them all into one quilt and looking decent so wish me luck! I am debating if I should sign up for the Bargello Blues class at Quilt U. I know I would like it, but I am going to do Orange Crush and with getting this house sold I don't want to overdue it. I think I can take that class down the road since they do offer it every so often, but I kind of want to take it in April. So trying to resist, but...







1 comment:

Khris said...

Well I will share a glass or two of Lambrusco with you. I love it too. My husband calls me a cheap drunk..lol..hugs Khris

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....