Saturday, March 29, 2008

A New Starry-Eyed Block




Last night NewQuiltingClub posted the link for

the new starry-eyed block. I used a paisley with red in it (leftover backing from my cousing Crystal's wedding quilt--today is her baby shower and I am giving little Kash who is not yet born a puzzle quilt) and the red is just red. It went together really easily and I like how it turned out. I am really enjoying making random stars as the links get posted. Should make for an interesting quilt down the line. Here is the link if you are interested in the Shooting Star block. You can make it in two sizezs, I made the smaller size. http://delawarequilts.com/BOMs/ShootingStar/index.html


Here is Kash's quilt. We tied it and it has one puzzle piece different than the one we made for Ayla. I love the look of this quilt, but I highly recommend a design wall if you are doing it! I used a portable type wall and every time one of my four dogs would accidently touch it I had pieced on the floor!
Well I better get in the shower and get ready for the shower! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Love the puzzle quilt :)

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....