Saturday, January 11, 2014

Another Saturday Sew Day!

 Today I got some outdoor photos of Packer/Celtic Solstice!  I love, LOVE, love it.  Thank you Ms. Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville for all you do for all of us scrappy quilters!  If you are doing this quilt, feel free to add your pictures to the Flickr group too!  There are some real beauties there.  I am trying to get through ALL the linked up blogs on Bonnie's site and comment but I have many more to go!
 So excited to have made every Bonnie mystery, including the ones in Quiltmaker.  Cannot wait to see what next year brings!
 I also took an outdoor picture of Marmalade Squares Two for the Winters' soon to be born baby girl!  Last night I started, and today I finished making Bonnie's "Maverick Stars!"  These stars were so much fun to put together and I loved that the points came out of my scrap bag!
 After I added the white borders I felt it needed more and needed to be a little bit bigger.
I had lots of leftover pinwheels (from Jack in the Box bonus triangles) so I sewed them into borders and auditioned them.  I felt like they fought with the simplicity of the stars.
 Then I auditioned a 1.5 inch scrappy strip and thought about it (for several hours while we ate dinner and watched the Patriots get into the Playoffs) and decided to go for it.
 I rearranged the colors some and added a pink strip.  Then another white border and it is done.  This one is for a Deaf friend of mine back in Wisconsin who is having baby number four (her other three are much older) and I just wanted to make her a quilt.  I need to quilt it though and haven't figured out how I am going to do that!

I should mention that I got out my "new" 99 Martha and sewed this entire baby quilt on her.  I now know what Bonnie is talking about when she tells us how certain machines purr!  This machine has the best sound to her, very relaxing!
In other happy news, it was a great mail day!  An online friend (and fellow Quiltvillian) offered to send me scraps...boy did she ever.  I love them and know they will find their way into both Wild and Goosey and the BOM Pineapple blocks that I need to get started on!  Thanks Sandy!



4 comments:

scraphappy said...

Whoa! You are on a roll! Love the Maverick Stars. Love Love Love. Amazing that you are already finished with Solstice and you made a baby quilt too. Go YOU!

Angie said...

Love how the Packer Solstice quilt turned out! I'm i awe you've done all of Bonnie's mystery quilts - that's a lot of piecing!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Look at you go Andee! Your Celtic (Packers) Solstice is awesome! I really love your Maverick Stars baby quilt too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when I get packages in the mail like the one you received! Yippppppeeeeeee!

Roslyn said...

It will be quilted in good time for you to bind for Bonnie's Tucson visit, never fear! I hope to get mine put together this week while I am in CO.
I even ordered the Cetic Curlz panto in case you want the same quilting as Bonnie's!
Hugs

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...