Monday, August 1, 2011

No Sewing Today








I woke up this morning feeling extremely tired. I didn't get out of bed until time to get ready for work. I felt fine, but really tired. About an hour and a half after getting to work I was hit by a migraine out of nowhere. I am not sure I have ever had one come out of nowhere like this one did. Usually I know a day before to several hours before. It was strange. I took a triptan and a short break and tried to keep on video interpreting. I didn't feel like the meds were helping at all and my brain was slower than normal so it was hard to interpret. The back of my neck was hurting on both sides...and I realized this is a symptom I never complain to my doctor about. The back of my neck actually hurts to the touch. In fact part way down my spine was hurting too. Strange. After an hour and a half or so of this I told my boss I had to go home. I left three hours early and came home and laid around listening to shark week on TV and finally sleeping. I woke up awhile ago and ate some homemade chicken soup (DJ finished making it since I didn't feel well, nice of us to take turns being sick) and read some blogs.

I haven't set up my other machine yet and really don't feel up to sewing anyway. Coleman has a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and I work at 1:30 so I am hoping this month I won't have five days of migrianes again. I serioulsy can't wait to never have another one.

So anyways on to happier topics...I read Sherri and Sinta's blog and this month's Petite Project is Honeycomb which of course I already have since I belong to the Fat Quarter Shop's Schnibbles group. I decided I could play in my fabric a bit and went to find the perfect fabric (that I already have) to make this quilt in. I need a new project like I need another migraine, so no promises I will make this right now, but if I find time I would love to do it in Kate Spain's Fandango (which I won from the Year of Schnibbles from Carrie Nelson!).




















While in my quilting studio I burried all the threads for this fun dishcloth. Almost makes doing dishes fun...made this from four different tiny leftover balls of yarn. I am working on another now.




















I also took a few pictures of my Amy's Passions BOM Quilt of Valor for my nephew Christopher who is in the Navy.







































I have been debating on the border...thought this Quilt in a Day ribbons border would be nice but maybe since I am not feeling well that idea just isn't appealing to me today. I like it, but want this quilt done and off to Ros for quilting. I am going to meet up with her on Wed or Thurs this week I think and will be passing off three quilts if I get this one done.




















So as always I am thinking about sewing even if I am not sewing. I can't wait to feel better and get going on my to sew list!

3 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

I love ribbon borders. I say go for it.

Amy said...

Oh Andee---every time you post about a migraine, my heart goes out to you.

As for the BOM---way to make more progress than ME! Nothing like having your own BOM become a UFO. Maybe this is the motivation I needed to get my own BOM out.

Shannon said...

Sorry about your migraine. I get one every once in a while and have to sleep it off. They make me so sick. Ha Ha I have a layer cake of Fandango also!! I love it. I am not sure yet what I will be using to make my Schnibbles with yet. I will be getting the pattern today or tomorrow. Your quilt for your nephew is so wonderful. I like the ribbon border also. I need to use that border! Thank you for the idea. Try and go feel better. I hope today is a better day for you!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...