Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Amy's Passion BOM/Christopher's Navy Quilt of Valor




















Not much sewing happening these past few days. I have been busy with prepping to teach again this fall...lots of work to dig through everything and match the curriculum which is the same one but emphisis on a few different things and also trying to finish up an online class (ASL Linguistics) in order to earn some of my CEU's to maintain my dual national certification as an interpreter. Can't wait to have that off my list of things to do! Of course I will still need .9 credits before December, but one step at a time!

Today I rewarded all of my hard work (not only did I do that stuff but did house cleaning, dishes and laundry) with sewing the borders on my Amy's Passions BOM blocks for my newpew Christopher's Quilt of Valor.



















I decided not to border it in the Navy fabric because it is directional and I didn't want to deal with that. I just got this red, and blue fabric and really wanted it to go in a future Bonnie quilt, but it was the best choice with what I had so onto this quilt it went. There is still some leftover so that is good. I now need to run up and piece the backing. I will see Ros tomorrow and hand it off! I work in a little more than an hour so gotta get dinging. Oh and I had a migraine this morning, took a triptan and it faded off. GRRRR!









3 comments:

Roslyn said...

It's wonderful Andee & will be fun to quilt. Hope you got my ph.msg about tomorrow.......

Linda Lee said...

Looks great--It just might be enough motivation for me to pull mine out to work on!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job on the block sampler!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...