Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Special Quilt of Valor

Remember all these BOM blocks....

And how some of them went off to a soldier for QOV and some were saved for another special sailor?




Tada, here it is...






Ros is done quilting my nephew Christopher's Quilt of Valor! He is in the Navy and I really felt I had to make him (and his new fiance, Christian)a special Quilt of Valor. I will gift him this at Christmas and he has seen it on facebook. I have made him a few quilts before but my sister didn't let them leave her house when he moved out. She says maybe someday, lol. So this will be his first quilt at his apartment which he will get to see when he is home on leave. Christopher is six weeks older than my middle child, Hannah. For a time he even lived with us and he is near and dear to my heart.

a




As always Ros did a great job quilting this one. I am always so happy with the love she puts into every stitch! Thanks again to Amy of Amy's Passion's for all of the great BOM blocks she put up and motivated me to stitch. I hope she does that again soon (hint, hint) because it worked out really well to make them all in red, white and blue and have some great QOV's when they were done!






1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh lordy----you put me to shame once again! I have added my own BOM to my UFO list!!! **LOL**

Hmmmm........could I strike these off my list before school starts next week???? **making a face** I just don't KNOW because I have SMM, and Jamestown Landing that are aching to be finished....

My hat's off to you, Andee! Great finish!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...