Friday, August 31, 2012

Yay for the Weekend!

 I got another row on my Cheddary Challenge!  I have two blocks done but they may wind up in the back since I am really ready for this top to be done!  This picture is sideways, but for now you get the idea.
 I then started putting Smith Mountain Morning blocks together (really hoping this is the UFO of the month for September--if not I may switcharoo it!).

I have two more rows together and pinned to be added, then a few more and borders.  I hope to finish this up at Becky's Sew In tomorrow.  For now, I am taking a machine sewing break and watching "V is for Vendetta" with Kathy.  I brought some hand stuff down to do and my knitting, so never fear more crafting is happening tonight!  
So very happy for a long weekend!  I am working a few hours at the crack of dawn on Monday but other than that I am free to sew, sew, sew!
Edit:  This is the UFO that was pulled.  I think I can manage to get this quilted in September!
11. MY BROKEN CROCKERY this one is a flimsy which I love and didn't want to wreck by quilting it myself. I need to either bite the bullet and do it by machine or by hand or just see if Ros can do a tiny one for me.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Love the Smith Mountain blocks. Simply stunning and will look fabulous when done.

Amy said...

Great UFO determination! I HOPE to join in on the sewing festivities this weekend too.

scraphappy said...

Your bowties look AMAZING! Happy that SMM is your UFO for the month. We can both finish it off at the same time. Then in celebration we can jump into the sunset quilt. Three day weekends are such a good chance to catch up.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh I love your Brokern Crockery quilt! Lovely color and movement - mmmmmm!!!!

Roslyn said...

I LOVE love love Smith Mtn Morning, even pulled out some browns from my stash, so I will make on -as soon as I get done with all the current WIP's.
And yes I can do your little one, no problem!
I am still reworking my UQFC!

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....