Thursday, August 16, 2012

Christmas Through the Year Sewn Up with Bonnie!

 Since Bonnie was on the webcam again (and even answered my question and commented on my comment) sewing I thought I better get up and sew a bit too.  So for Christmas Through the Year I filled 5 pounds of rice in this little sleeve type thing and now someone will have a nice hot pack.  I made two more smaller ones, but was out of rice, lol!
 Bonnie mentioned the possibility that this Spoolin' Around block will be her next Leader Ender project--she is SO on the same page as me, I have been collecting spool patterns and really want to do a project with them.  There are some really cool patterns out there, these little ones would make a good wall hanging for my sewing room though!
Next up I sewed two wine bags out of leftover fabric "Wildflower" from the last Schnibbles, Dimestore.  I found the pattern on Moda Bake Shop here.
 http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/02/charming-wine-gift-bags.html

So a few more gifts made, and I will be making more of both of these items.  Really easy!

I also updated my UFO's so that I could marvel at the progress I have made this past year with Judy's challenge!  http://moderndiary.blogspot.com/p/ufos.html if you want to see how it is coming along!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go! You did WAY WAY WAY more than I did :)
The UFO status looks amazing!

Cheryl said...

Great job!!

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....