Friday, August 10, 2012

Dimestore Schnibbles Done and Rainbow Challenge Pinwheels

 I was lazy after work today but did eventually get in and finish up Dimestore Schnibbles.  I like it okay now it is done, but it ranks up there as my least favorite to make!  It didn't all line up so there was lots of futzing, but it is done!

 I also sewed up SoScrappy's Rainbow scrap challenge pinwheels.  I am getting quite a stack of them in each color and am going to have a great border for Jack in the Box.  I would go mad making them all at once, but one Saturday a month it is doable.
 Kathy was sewing up more of the Night and Day bonus blocks so that may get finished up tomorrow.  She also worked on her Mystery quilt border...so hopefully we will get those done tomorrow too.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Dimestore has such unique and intriguing lines in it. The fabrics give it such an interesting look!

Way to tackle the bonus pinwheels! I haven't really found any aqua/teal scraps, and I can't see cutting into any FQs just to make some up (kinda defeats the Rainbow SCRAP challenge, right?) ;)

Edith said...

The schnibbles quilt is very pretty and I really like the aquas in your pinwheels.

scraphappy said...

Way to keep working on those bonus triangles, they can add up in a hurry. Congratulations on the schnibbles finish as well. Not every quilt is going to be your favorite, but it might be perfect for someone else.

Candace said...

I really like your Dimestore Schnibbles. I would like it for me, but I also think it would be excellent for a man. I like your fabric choices, too.

Loves to Quilt said...

I really like your "Dimestore Schnibbles". Pretty blues!

PS Please send your mailing address so you can receive your "Ghastlie" tote :)

Roslyn said...

Well I like the contemporary look of it Andee, but why is it called Dimestore?

Elly D said...

You have some gorgeous fabrics in your Dimestore and your pinwheels :) Lovely!

Michele said...

I really like your Dimestore! The background you used is really nice, not too busy, not too plain. It did have lots of seams to match!

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....