Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Bucket List Start!

 Made more than half of my four patches for Hawaii Sunset 1845--my first Bucket List Quilt.  I am using what I have but loosely copying the designers colors since I love it so much.  Last year on shop hop I was really into the poison greens so now I will get to use them!
 Kathy spent a good bit of today working with the bonus leftover from the Night and Day bin.  I am SO happy to be turning these into a quilt (via Kathy!) and she predicts it will be huge or there will be more than one.  So far she has enough for 18 blocks and more parts to go.  So glad we saved the pieces as Eleanor told us to, but I have to wonder how many folks actually get around to using them?  SMILE, waste not, want not!  Today was a really good day.  Looking forward to more good days and less heartbreak in my life.  Time does apparently heal all wounds.

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

So terrific to start on one of your bucket list quilts. Those colors are so striking! Time does heal lots of wounds. Glad you are on the mend.

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....