Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sewing with Bonnie Hunter!

 By now most of you know I am a HUGE Bonnie K. Hunter fan.  If you haven't been to quiltville.com by now, go check it out.  I wish I could convert lots of AZ people into fans if they aren't already so I could get someone to get her out here to teach, talk or show us her quilts.  She is on my bucket list, and she told me she put meeting me on hers!  That makes my day...and I know one day it will happen.  Meanwhile, tonight Bonnie was sewing live from her webcam (she recently started this but I have never caught her in the act, lol) and I saw it on fb and so I posted a quick shout out to my quilting buddies and jumped right on.
 I had to get some pictures of me sewing with Bonnie!  And after Amy called me a weirdo (affectionately!) she got her DH to get a picture of her too!  (Pic borrowed from Amy's fb!) I think I am going to have to add meeting Amy to my bucket list too.  She lives a stone's throw from my Dad and Marge's in Wisconsin, we have shopped at the same quilt store, lol.  I just didn't know her as well when I was living in Wisconsin.
 So what was I sewing?  I finished up the four patches for Hawaii Sunset 1865!  I think I have ten or so too many.
 Then since Bonnie was still sewing and chatting and answering questions I started sewing some nine patches (I am just copying Jo at Jo's Country Junction at this point..this isn't a Bonnie quilt, lol but I would not be attempting this quilt if I hadn't sewn a half a dozen Bonnie quilts step by step!).
So four four patches done.  I want lots of variety, so I think I will only be using one of each pair, but it is easier to make them in pairs as far as I am concerned--I strip sew them so I am doing two.  They won't go to waste, I am sure they will find themselves in a quilt at some point...or in the back.  
It was a nice night to sew with Bonnie and chat with friends online, thanks all!

5 comments:

Leah Barido said...

Bonnie is going to be in Cottonwood then Prescott in early 2013. Her trunk show is a must see! I've seen her twice and was one of the people holding them up the second time. She's awesome!
Leah

Khris said...

I am so jealous...I would love to do a Bonnie Hunter workshop....but Australia is a bit far...although I am traveling to the States at the end of the year and hoped I could find a workshop in the areas I would be in but alas I cant find one in the right place at the right time.
Khris

Amy said...

LOL! What a pair (trio?) we made tonight!
Great job on actually sewing while she was live; I was too tuckered out...and just watched :)

Nancy said...

I have got to remember to turn on the computer in the evening. Usually I'm hand quilting or something else by then.

Roslyn said...

You are too funny Andee, sewing along with Bonnie! You need to take one of her cruises!

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....