Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pineapple Blossom Blooms!

Ros has made my Pineapple Blossom quilt BLOOM!  I love it.  I am really thinking I am going to bind up this quilt and give it to DJ so she has a rainbow quilt since she doesn't have a quilt from me.  We finally talked for an hour and half yesterday (on the phone through a terp) and I feel a little more settled about things.  This transition has been so hard and I miss her so much but it is what it is and I think it will get easier with time.  Her birthday is the end of this month and she will be out of town then but maybe when she gets back I can gift it to her.  The only problem is she is not telling her new girlfriend she is talking to me so that might be tough.  But I will figure it out if need be.  I made so many quilts for DJ's family members but since she was with me I didn't give her one.  One day she plans to come and sew with me, but that may be years from now so this quilt can keep her warm in the meantime.  We will see. 


Here is a closeup of Ros' quilting.  I am so lucky to have a fantastic (and quick) longarmer!  June has talked me into buying her Megaquilter since she can't keep it...one day I will learn to do something with it, but I don't know that I even want to be able to do what Ros can do!  I plan on storing the thing until I have more space (ie someone moves out of one of the bedrooms) so I can set it up and learn how to use it. 

2 comments:

Roslyn said...

Ha you can start with the baby quilts Andee. It does take years to get comfortable with machine quilting, but you can keep it simple.
You need to try the 5 yard quilt, it's very fast and easy.

soscrappy said...

Awesome rainbow blossom! You are lucky to have someone to finish up your quilts so quickly, bu nothing beats being able to do it yourself-- so worth the trouble it takes to start learning.

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....