Thursday, May 17, 2012

Doc Schnibbles Flimsy and Christmas Through the Year for May

Doc Schnibbles for Rachel Clark's baby in Norway
I finished up the borders and got them on Doc Schnibbles!  I also made a backing so it is all set for quilting next time I see Ros.  Randy took one look at this one and told me this one should go to his daughter in Norway who is pregnant with her first baby.  She is my honorary daughter so this baby will be my honorary grandbaby right?  I know Rachel will love it, this Schnibbles is a bit bigger than most of the ones I have done and will be perfect for a little one.  I love, love, love how it turned out!



I decided for Christmas Through the Year I would show you the stack of dishrags (and one Tribble) that I have been working on.  I am almost always working on one and they make great gifts so I will continue to add to my stack all year but this is May's project since May has almost gotten away from me and I need to get some work in on my sister's Crown quilt this weekend! 
Today would have been a year and half for DJ and I.  Seriously have good days and bad days but mostly I miss her.  She is someone I don't know now and really isn't even texting to me much less signing to me, breaks my heart and I don't understand.  Best I can figure she is mad I got back with Kathy.  How do people leave their partners and then blame it all on that same partner?  I have let the past go and am ready to focus on the future, but I am used to being friends with my exes and am taking losing her one hundred percent really hard.  It has been almost two months and while I am doing better than I was I still am heartbroken.  Life should not be so hard.  Sigh.
Tomorrow Kathy and I will be going to June's apartment again and will work on organizing her sewing room some more.  She is settling in but likes the company and enjoys me lighting a fire under her butt, I think anyway!  

6 comments:

Leah said...

your Doc quilt is lovely! It will be the perfect gift!

Sisbabestitches said...

Oh yeah, May is skipping away here too, with very little to show for it, especially not Chrissy stuff. Good job on finishing the little quilt, the fabrics are great.

Bobbie said...

your Doc quilt is sweet and I love the colors in the dishrags! question: what is a tribble- besides something on star trek?

Cheryll said...

Dish towels are a GreAT gift... so well done!

Cheryl said...

Your Doc is wonderful...the towels will be great gifts.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

the towels are great gifts and your quilt is wonderful.

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....