The pattern they gave us with this block had no directions other than a little diagram with a few measurements on it. I need more than this to successfully put my underwear on! Really! I figured out that I could use my Eleanor Burns Flying Geese rulers and make flying geese instead of piecing a zillion little triangles so that helped alot. Took me one time to remember to follow her directions os that I would have enough seam between the geese--I did it the same way last time. Slow learner when it comes to this stuff!
So when it was mostly done I had to rip out all the four corners and put in a bigger piece (one had to change brown/orange color since I didn't have a piece of the same stuff big enough!) and redo it. It took way longer to do this block than it should have. I really admire those quilting folks back in the day who did this by hand or even by machine minus the special rulers, cutters and measuring mats. I suspect I would not have been a quilter then...lol. Anyway, no idea what I will do with this block other than bring it back to Zoe's to show off in December, but I really like these orangy brown colors!
Also, thanks to Sue and Philla I have now finished piecing the I Spy quilt! I added the last row today and a border and got it all pillowcased and sandwiched...it is waiting for whipstitching and tying...it might have to wait until tomorrow because I am tired! My honey just got home from work so I think I will head to the couch and cuddle before hitting the hay!