Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yesterday we were talking about how it just didn't seem like Thanksgiving because the weather here is not what we were used to in Wisconsin. That is a good thing, but still an adjustment! So today I made four pumpkin pies and now it smells like Thanksgiving in here! I make them extra spicy which is the only way I like them. Not sure what Suli and company will think, but the spices are what make the pie good! Can't wait to break into one when it cools (I am not bringing four to Suli's :)).
So Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there who celebrate it. I am so happy that you are reading and sometimes commenting so I get to know you too.
I tried handstitching little cross stitches on my quiltlet, but don't have the hang of dragging the needle between the sandwich so no long thread lines are on the back. So gave that up for the moment!
I am watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and just heard "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins. I remember when that song first came out I had my kids with me and thought...hmm not so sure I will miss this, but today with my kids pretty much grown and none here with me I realize I definitely do miss it. Good song Trace!
Here are the lyrics if you don't know this one:
She was staring out the window of their SUVComplaning, saying "I can't wait to turn 18"She said "I'll make my own money, and I'll make my own rules"Mamma put the car in park out there in front of the schoolThen she kissed her head and said "I was just like you"You're gonna miss thisYou're gonna want this backYou're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fastThese are some good timesSo take a good look aroundYou may not know it nowBut you're gonna miss thisBefore she knows it she's a brand new brideIn a one-bedroom apartment, and her daddy stops byHe tells her "It's a nice place"She says "It'll do for now"Starts talking about babies and buying a houseDaddy shakes his head and says "Baby, just slow down"Cause you're gonna miss thisYou're gonna want this backYou're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fastThese are some good timesSo take a good look aroundYou may not know it nowBut you're gonna miss thisFive years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heaterDog's barkin', phone's ringin'One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin'And she keeps apologizin'He says "They don't bother me. I've got 2 babies of my own. One's 36, one's 23.Huh, it's hard to believe, but...You're gonna miss thisYou're gonna want this backYou're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fastThese are some good timesSo take a good look aroundYou may not know it nowBut you're gonna miss this"

PS I copy these blogs to word and print and mail them to my son...all the spelling/typing errors come up and I fix them before I print to send him, then some anal days I come back to my blog and fix them. Is anyone else this crazy? Since my Master's is in English I feel like I need to be a good example, LOL!

1 comment:

Sue said...

lol You are not crazy at all! I write my blog entries in word, so I can spell check etc....if you are crazy...that makes me more so! ;) The lyrics of that song are so true, aren't they? My son is 26 and lives on the other side of the country..and I miss him! That pie looks scrumptious!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...