Sunday, October 12, 2014

Busy, Busy Weekend!

I feel like I had so much to do this weekend to be caught up to where I wanted to be...it actually stressed me out!  And most of it was sewing related.  Ah to turn off  my type A personality!  So Saturday I made a list of things to do and got to it (I was supposed to go to AZ Blankets for Kids with a friend of mine and her mom, daughter and another friend--I stayed home to get to work on my list).  First up was cutting fat eighths for the Cotton and Steel Hatbox swap over at Sew at Home Mummy.  Done and will be mailed on Monday.  I am sending out the top fabric (and bought myself some extra kitty fabric) and will be getting back fat eighths in all the different fabrics.
Next up was to prep Herringbone for next Saturday's PHXMQG meeting.  I will be going as a guest (haven't been there all year) and am looking forward to Danny teaching us this quilt as you go quilt.  I haven't starched my fabrics like she recommends, but I did finally pick up some starch today.

 I sewed up one Wild and Goosey block so I could post my weekend check in on Quiltville's Open Studio.
 Almost enough for another row!


 I made the maple leaf block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge but didn't pay attention enough to the directions and made my leaf too small.  I was using up hst's that I had in the right colors and they were too tiny.  Well I slept on that and then decided to add fabric to two sides and call it good.  I am happy with the results, especially since that maple leaf fabric is the fabric I bought near Trego right after my dad died.  Every quilt it winds up in makes me happy.  (I added it to the Wild and Goosey block today too!)
 This one is Prairie Queen.  A strange block if I ever saw one!
 and this kitty cat I shall call Greybear after my daughter Hannah's cat.  Really a fun block!
Linking up with SoScrappy!

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

Love your variation on the maple leaf block. Great example of making what you have work. You really did have a busy weekend. So glad you found time to sew.

Cathy said...

My Cotton Steel for this swap is one of the kitties. Hope to cut it tonight to mail tomorrow. Can't wait to see it all! Great job on all your blocks this week!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...