Thursday, January 1, 2009

NYE Mystery Quilt Top is Together!

I am very happy with the way this mystery quilt turned out. The colors look good together and like the slightly scrappy look. This top doesn't have a home yet but it will find one eventually. I had some trouble with getting the rows together...not sure if this was due to using a different machine (I didn't realize how much I was in tune with my Janome) or if it was just all the seam matching I had to do. There was some pulling and pushing, rocking and rolling but it is all together and I am happy. I would have done it sooner but I woke up with a migraine and have been fairly worthless all day long. Just taking it easy willing it to go away.
Kathy's still needs put together but she doesn't seem to want to get back to it. She did some wood sawing tonight for an order...if I get time I might put hers together while she is working. Bonnie put out the second clue on her Double Delight Quiltville mystery...I am feeling behind and with my head as it is I am not even thinking about starting it today...if another clue comes out tomorrow I may cry. LOL, usually I am in a big hurry for the next clue...not this time!
Happy New Year to everyone too! I forgot to say that last night. I enjoyed reading lots of blogs today in which everyone took stock of 2008 and set goals and such for 2009. WOW. I went back through my pictures just to see how many quilts I had made and wished I knew how to make one of those picture collages that people put in their blogs....maybe that should be my goal for next year...learn how to use blogger better! Tonight I don't feel up to much reflection, but I love the idea of it--so maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

Amy said...

So SORRY to hear about your migraine! But I AM glad you found a temp machine to get some work in. I LOVE that "focus" fabric in the center of your blocks! VERY FUN!

I'm with you so far with Bonnie's DD! I'm ALMOST finished with my "iron in the fire"---I hope to be done tomorrow so I can spend the entire weekend sewing away on DD!

Happy Thursday!

Sue said...

Migraines are awful! Hold a bag of frozen vegetables (wrapped in a tea towel) on the part of your head it hurts most and sip plenty of water....that may help ease it. Your quilt looks lovely. You did a fantastic job on it.

Jane said...

Hope the migraine clears quickly. Love the quilt top, seemed to come together in no time

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...