Friday, January 30, 2009

First Colonial History Block Done and a Sewing Bee Prize!

Sewing bee prize from Jennifer came in the mail yesterday. Cute fat quarter with thread on it...Thanks!
I finished the first Colonial History Bluework Block! I really enjoyed doing it and hope to gain some skill at making the stitches. I am good at counted cross stitch, but the holes are there for you and with this I have to learn to find the holes that make it look like a line which isn't the easiest thing to do!
I am currently working on the center of another block in bluework which is the first block for the 2009 Colonial History Quilt.
my nephew Ben is staying overnight here tomorrow. He is one and adorable. First time he has stayed here with me. Usually I have to share him with lots of doting people....will be fun to have him more to myself! He is an early riser though so I imagine on Sunday I will be up before the sun! I am going to teach him more signs!
Cardinals in the Superbowl in Sunday...GO CARDINALS!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Nice fq and lovely stitching. lol You will need running shoes on to keep up with your nephew!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...