Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quilt History Class Block--Christmas Star

I finished this Christmas star block on Tuesday night and blogger was having issues so I couldn't post. First time that has happened to me! Last night I worked and then got a migraine (had been waiting to appear all day) and in the middle of the night it peaked. So I took my imitrex and called in sick to work so I am home today and finally feeling better. I just hope it lasts because sometimes when the imitrex wears off it comes back...I can't complain too much because they are so much better than they used to be, but I hate each migraine just the same!
So back to the block...this was a tough block for a few reasons. The one section in there had five pieces and was complicated for me to figure out. The directions the group gave me included mainly a picture and so I had to find the block in the same size online and print those directions which were very helpful http://www.quilterscache.com/C/ChristmasStarBlock.html this is not the site, but this is the same block although in opposite colors. The one I used had different mauve colors and that also confused me! I didn't cut enough of one color, had to use a different fabric, etc. It was confusing but I think I am growing better at figuring out these kind of blocks and so that is good. I also love the way the block looks though not real sure what I will do with it. I was thinking I should maybe put it in a small wallhanging with the words "patchwork heritage" and "Obama 2009" on it. Our new President used those words in his inauguration speech and it just spoke to me somehow! I don't know when I will find the time to do it, but I will type it here so maybe one day it will come to fruition! Otherwise I am not sure what I will do with this block and the one I did last month since now the quilt history group is moving on to the 1900's and a whole different look.

1 comment:

Sue said...

It may have been a pain to make...but it is a stunner!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...