Monday, May 19, 2014

Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada!

 Well we made it to Vegas and back (and stopped at the Hoover Dam along the way) and had a really good time.  I wanted to share a few highlights with you--warning the only crafty thing that happened at all was a wee bit of dishcloth knitting in the car on the way there and back!  I had good intentions and packed embroidery and hand sewing (hexies) but neither saw the light of day or the bright neon lights of Vegas!

 Kathy, me, Lexi and Coleman posed in front of the Vegas sign!  Believe it or not that was one of the highlights for me!  We visited the Titanic Expedition.  It was better than we could have hoped.  They had replica staterooms and a hallway of doors as if you were on the ship as well as a night view from the deck (with mirrors on each end so it seemed like it was a huge ship in that little space) and they had this stairway area which we got our picture taken on.  It was beautiful.  I could not stop looking around--everything was so intricate including the floors.  We could not take pictures in there ourselves, so I got this picture from the net (Sims game!) but this was what the tile looked like on the floor...so elegant and quilt worthy!

 They also had us pose on the bow with a green screen for this photo.  We were crammed in there as it was not to size.
Another highlight of the trip was getting to see Mama Mia!  We wandered over to the Tropicana and were not disappointed in the show.  It was good, we did some singing and even Coleman seemed to like it!


I was quite excited to cross both Las Vegas and Mama Mia off my bucket list...then I was talking to my mom tonight (they just bought a new house and are moving, yes again) and mom mentioned that when I was around five or so she took us to Vegas and we stayed at Circus Circus and saw the show, etc.  I don't remember it at all (and I have a good childhood memory bank, lol) and cannot believe I had always thought I had never been to Vegas!  I am so blessed that my mom is still around to remind me of these things--I wonder what else I don't remember?

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I would love to go back and seeing the Titanic thing would definitely be on my list.

Sheila said...

Oh my. You are back. Sounds like everyone had a great time : )

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....