Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hawaii Sunset Rises Again!

After six days with migraines and a half a sick day from work, today is the first day all week that my head didn't hurt at all!  I was SO happy when I got done with work I came home and plunked down in front of my sewing machine and remained here for eleven hours!  

 I sewed all the little geese into rows and then sewed them on the blocks and sewed the cornerstones on...
 Then I was slowed down a bit because my iron decided to die before I could iron the big blocks with the geese!  I got out my tiny travel iron and did the best I could.
 VIOLA!  All twenty five blocks are sewn (but not yet ironed) and I am really ecstatic that I got this far with the blocks.  I still need to buy the blue that goes in the sashings and border but I can work on the setting triangles in the meantime if I want.
Whew!  Thanks again to Andra and Amy for swapping fabric and geese with me and for the tantalizing blog posts that have helped spur me on! :)  And thanks to Jo's Country Junction for getting me hooked on this quilt in the first place!

4 comments:

starflash quilts said...

migraine=grim, sewing recovery, just wheat the doctor ordered! Nice blocks!

scraphappy said...

Congratulations! What huge accomplishment. Can't wait to see it all come together.

Kevin the Quilter said...

I see another finish in your near future! It looks like a really fun quilt to make, especially if you are swapping fabrics and units with friends!

scrappy101 said...

love this block!!
I am on the hunt with my guilty friends for this old magazine, if not I am going to order it on line.
Glad you are feeling better.

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....