Saturday, September 28, 2013

Rally in the Valley Shop Hop Day Two!

 Last night Kathy and I sewed up our 35th Ave.  BOM blocks.  Mine on the left, hers on the right.  I also made two Zippy Strippy bags.


Today Kathy and I met up with Jamie and Tiffany for shop hop day two.  This was our first stop.  The shop had more than doubled in size since last year and it was fun to check it out.

 They were demo-ing Jaybird Quilts' Hex and More ruler and patterns.  I don't have this ruler yet and I really do want it one day!

 This was their shop hop mystery quilt.

 Here we are smiling for the camera.  Next we stopped at Etc. (which we already did last weekend) to pick up a pattern we ordered that they were out of.  I love this circle quilt.
 Next stop 3 Dudes Quilting which is really a fun store!
They had a dueling banjos set up in the doorway which was too cute.  

These are their shop hop quilts.  The one on the right has a little oops which turned out great, so he had to make two.
 They demoed their patterns one of which is a freebie online.  We bought two others too.
 This happy scrappy quilt was hanging in the store too.
 Next stop was here.  They featured a cool seam ripper with a beehive end, which I got.  We ran into Becky and Suzy here which was fun!  We were going to pal around as a larger group, but we hadn't eaten and they had so we parted ways.  We had lunch at Lee's sandwiches and then made a quick run to 35th Ave. for the Black Bag Day.  Both Tiffany and Jamie wound up buying black bags and playing along.  I was tickled to get free needles, a free fat quarter and with the purchase of this book I also got a half yard of fabric free!
 The author of this cool book did a demo at 35th Ave.  Really cool and simple (but looks complicated) and since I am into that, I had to have the book.  Kathy is going to get it spiral bound for me too :)

 Next we went here.  They were featuring Paper Pieces which I love!
 Our last stop on the journey was here.  This is the closest shop to our house.  Both Tiffany and I could not stop staring at this quilt.  LOVE it!  They were all sold out of the kit for it so apparently others also loved it.  Did a little checking online and found another freebie!  It is my lucky day today!
 So all in all, here is my loot and I am a happy girl!
 Tonight I sewed another Wild and Goosey block, so now I have ten!


1 comment:

Kevin the Quilter said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! I know I would going into all of those stores too! Thanks for the links to the freebies! Your Wild and Goosey quilt is going to be amazing!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...