Sunday, October 6, 2013

Progress...

 Started off my day watching the Packers win and working on the Skillbuilder BOM Diamond Carat block which I had started handsewing a long time ago!  I got the center done and the outer fabric cut--still need to sew it on though.
 Then I finally got my pillow sewn up for my embroidery elephant.
 Love the backing fabric I found at Etc.
 I also sewed up six burp pads for future gift giving.
 After a trip to JoAnn's for pom pom fringe I hand sewed it on while watching "Once Upon a Time" and I love, LOVE, love how it turned out.  I basically totally copied Danny though mine is centered and has pom poms all around.  Thanks for the great idea Danny--and for teaching me how to do it!
 I was still in the mood to sew a bit, so I sewed my Jack in the Box BOM blocks into rows.  I have two blocks left (and I didn't make grey this month..so I may go ahead and make four more blocks before the end of the year so that I can add one more row.  I also have pinwheels for a border.  I didn't want to add sashing around all the blocks but may see what it looks like with sashing between the rows..or sashing, pinwheels, sashing, between the rows.  For now, it is back in the box as is but I do consider it progress on the Rainbow BOM!

2 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

WOW! You got a lot done! That elephant pillow is Bali-chic! That's going to be a great quilt top!

Roslyn said...

I love love love this pillow Andee, can you bring it Saturday so I can see it for real, please? I want to make one!

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....