Monday, October 21, 2013

Embroidery Love

Hello!  I am Andee over at The Modern Diary and as you know by now if you read Jane, she has started having guest bloggers for the love of hand embroidery every Monday.  This past summer, Jane asked for volunteers to try out her floss--Presencia threads with any embroidery design they wanted to feature on her blog between August and December of 2013.  I was up for the challenge and I was a happy girl when I got the beautiful threads in the mail!  It was so much fun picking out what I would embroider.  I spent quite awhile browsing through Pinterest and the web, and even bought a few books.  :)


You may recall I am brand new to embroidery.  I have done some redwork and bluework, but not much--and I several months ago I took a class over at the Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild in which I learned some basic embroidery stitches like these...

I then happily completed my first project which was this elephant pillow! 

Seriously it was fun surfing Pinterest and some websites to find the perfect little stitchery to use these threads on!  For Jane's challenge, I finally decided on this cute little gnome pattern!  I started working on it while on a road trip and then finished it up by the end of summer.  


I was having so much fun I decided to make Hug-Bot which was a freebie from Sublime Stitching too!



No comments:

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....