Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Weekend

Got up early yesterday and met up with Lauren to go to yet another fabric thrift sale.  I got a few things for me, and lots of stuff for Megan now that she is sewing up a storm.  Then the three of us met up with BJ and Ros at 35th Ave. Sew and Vac for the black bag Friday.  It was my first time participating, but basically every third Saturday they give a little something to us and have a great sale with coupons.  The store is HUGE and I can't believe I have never been there.  It is really organized and had a great selection of fabrics. I bought too much and didn't even take pictures lol.  BJ also bought me a yard of fabric to replace the free yard I was to get from the kits we ordered together awhile back.  I picked out a cool orange fabric I fell in love with.  I bought fat quarters of the same kind of fabric in a few other colors.  We all went to breakfast before we headed back home so I could make it to the PMQG meeting at one.
 I heart this quilt.  This is Alyssa Lichner's Totally Groovy quilt from the Pile 'O Fabric Quiltalong.  I almost joined in, but had plenty to keep my busy so I didn't.  Now seeing hers done (and free motion quilted on her Juki) I wish I had done one too!  Love her colors, love the texture of it, WOW.  Alyssa shared this at the Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild meeting on Saturday.  There was tons of other show and tell (on the Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild blog if you want to see them) and we had a good meeting. I shared my tiny modern Lil' Twister.
Alyssa also designed our logo and this cool name tag.  This is as far as I am on mine so far.
 I won ALL these prizes at our meeting.  Jona gave us one of her apron patterns, Gina gave us a quilt pattern and the Warm Company donated a ton of different products for us to try.  It was really fun for everyone to win, not once, not twice but three and four times!
 That same night Kathy and I met up with some friends for the all Deaf band Beethoven's Nightmare.  It was fun to see them and see so many of my favorite local signing people!  Here I am with Paula, Tracy, Eireen and Miki.
 Today I baked Pumpkin bread, Colonial Seed Cake, Spaghetti sauce and watched the Packers.  Did a little bit of cutting and organizing fabric.  I managed to hand sew the red hexi flower below too.  Keeping up with my one flower per game!  I also graded tests..the day flew by and we are really tired tonight for some reason.

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I have been staring at that totally groovy quilt for 2 days now on my computer - I just love it!! THanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Very pretty hexies! Do you know what you'll be making with them yet?

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...